Thursday, March 20, 2014

Yummy Fresh Lunches

I have packed my kids their school lunches since 2nd grade. My now 18 year old son was diagnosed as a type 1 diabetic when he was eight. And so, I started packing him his lunch to ensure that he was getting a healthy low-carb meal.  Son number two came along, and since he'd always seen me packing his brothers lunch, he knew no different. Brown Bags were as normal as a back-pack.

I have probably purchased at least 9-10 different lunch boxes per kid over the years, due to them being lost or just worn out, or not as cool because "6th graders don't take space aliens on lunch boxes mom."  They were almost always dirty, with food stains and sometimes a terrible smell for a few days as the left-over milk carton that didn't get thrown out on Friday smell goes away.

But...I discovered these cute lunch boxes at a trade show over the weekend.  They are eco-friendly, reusable, safe, fun, creative and above all...very useful.  Had these been around back when my boys were little, I would have used them! I could have put some ketchup in with some baked potato fries and kept a salad fresh and looking yummy to eat, rather than a boring PBJ sandwich a a piece of fruit.

Check out their website and FB page. I got a set to give to my little niece this weekend. It is nice enough now for us to take our lunch to the park.  And how perfect are these little boxes? Perfectly perfect. 

http://www.laptoplunches.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment