Sunday, April 6, 2014

How to Start Tomato Seedlings Indoors

I LOVE fresh salsa.  It really is my favorite food item. I will eat tomatoes purchased at my local grocery store, but I am not very pleased about it.  And I like to purchase them when they are grown locally by the neighborhood kids in my area.  They set up a table with a poor but cute sign, selling Tomatoes at $1 each.  And to be fair, they are worth that $1 until my own tomatoes are ready to be devoured.

BUT this year I am going to get the jump on these kids and make sure my tomatoes are ready to start being turned into salsa by mid June.

I came across this website with step by step instructions on starting tomato plants early.  I have never done it. I usually start around July.  I procrastinate and just never make it happen early enough.  Not this year though.  This year, by the end of April, I will have these beautiful little plants to put in my garden in the back and be making salsa and margaritas in no-time at all!



Starting Tomato Plants Inside

No comments:

Post a Comment